The Bank's auction set the minimum borrowing rate at 6.75%, one percentage point above the base rate. It was announced last week when the London inter-bank offered rate for three-month sterling stood at 6.75%, but the three-month rate had hit 6.32% by Wednesday.
George Buckley, the c
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors