Minutes from the Bank's Monetary Policy Committee (MPC), released on today, 18 July, suggest that some members are in favour of increasing rates in the near future.
The release of UK inflation data on 17 July also diminished the chance of any further cuts to interest rates.
UK prices in June steadied at a two-year high of 2.4%, only 1% below the Bank of England's infla
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde