Germany's planned legislation to limit investment by sovereign wealth funds will allow foreign funds to buy banks, media companies and consumer industries, but not in the energy sector.
Senior German officials told the Financial Times that the legislation will be "a minimalist version" of the US's rules on foreign acquisitions, which are policed by the Committee on Foreign Investment in the US.
One senior official said: "We are aiming for as lean and liberal a system as possible. We think thi
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists