The Reserve Bank's rate-setting board cut the benchmark cash rate from 7.25% to 7% on Tuesday. Glenn Stevens, the governor of the Reserve Bank, said after the decision that "tight financial condition, in conjunction with other factors including higher fuel costs and low asset values, have exerted the needed restraint on demand."
The governor noted favourable
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde