"It was horrible, I don't believe there's ever been an auction in Japan that has gone uncovered," said John Richards, a strategist at Barclays Capital Japan. "If this continues it raises problems in rolling over existing debt."
The sale of 1.8 trillion ($26.7 billion) of bonds drew bids worth 0.
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS