Over half of all member banks, of which there are now 61 with the addition of two Israeli banks, will be able to settle in these two currencies straight away, CLS said.
Guillermo Ortiz and Stanley Fischer, governors of the central banks of Mexico and Israel respectively, expressed their pleasure at seeing the currencies join
- Central banks may be thinking wrongly about inflation – Borio
- European Commission announces supervisory agency reforms
- Bank of Russia will be able to handle fallout from failing banks, analysts say
- Riksbank outlines three visions of ‘e-krona’
- All central banks may have to consider crypto-currencies – BIS