The rate cut had been widely anticipated after better than expected inflation data for last month. Indonesia's Central Bureau of Statistics reported on 2 July that the consumer price index rose 5.77% year-on-year in June, the first time that the increase has been under 6% this year.
Bank Indonesia has now cut its key bench
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says