Under a regulation of the central bank, all banks in Indonesia must have a CAR of at least 8 per cent by the end of this year.
A number of banks are expected to be in difficulties to meet the limit by the end of this year.
In a report, the central banks said an additional time of six months will be given to publicly listed banks, three months to non listed banks.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde