Under current regulations about 60% of bank forex deposits had to be redeposited with the central bank.Tuesday's monetary policy council decision will free 50% of Eurozone currencies on January 3, with the remainder freed on March 28. Balances during the interim period will earn interest equal to the ECB's refi rate.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde