"The dinar cannot have the exclusive right in payment operations between Serbia and Montenegro, as the entire economy is based on freedom of choice of the currency to be used, either the dinar or the euro," Krgovic told a news conference.
He accused the Yugoslav National Bank of trying to impose the dinar on Montenegro,
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Strike halts Australian banknote production