Prime Minister Giuliano Amato's cabinet gathered for a regular meeting on Tuesday morning but it was believed ministers would discuss a warning by Bank of Italy governor Antonio Fazio that the court ruling could be ruinous for Italian banks and damage the economy.
Fazio's note of doom, sent in
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting