Ulyukaev was reported as saying by Bloomberg, a news agency, that the central bank had sold a "significant" amount of currency to halt the rouble's slide on Thursday to Rb30.40, the lowest level since a new dollar-euro basket was introduced in February 2007.
Market analysts estimate the central bank sold between $3.5 billion and $4 billion of it
- Fintech in the ‘new era’ – Sustainable and sound development
- China’s macroeconomy in the ‘new era’ of politics and power
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- ‘Regulatory equivalence’ not enough for post-Brexit UK CCPs – Cœuré