The UK government this week announced plans to "speed up and beef up" measures announced in May to clamp down on bureaux de change as part of a crackdown against organised crime.
However, they may still be accused of having waited too long to tackle the problem.
According to Treasury estimates, £3bn-£4bn a year leaves the UK through bureaux de change - 6
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde