The bank said it had received half a dozen calls about the new 5 pound note, which went into circulation last week.
"We have had a small number of reports from members of the public of serial numbers rubbing off and so we are investigating urgently," a spokesman said on customary condition of anonymity.
The bank said it
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde