The cut leaves the key reference rate at 5%, its lowest level since December 2007. The majority of analysts had expected a half-point cut.
The central bank said: "A stronger-than-previously-expected slowdown in the global economy - in particular the recession in Poland's major trading partners - and consequently, the significant
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says