The Fed is responsible for the supervision of commercial but not investment banks, which are regulated by the Securities and Exchanges Commission.
But Geithner called on Monday for an extension of the Fed's regulatory responsibility to include the likes of Lehman Brothers and Goldman
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- CFTC’s fintech catch-up effort includes ‘global sandbox’ push
- Quarles: yield curve flattening not “likely” a signal of recession