The fall in share prices has threatened the capital bases of the banks and while Yasua Fukuda, chief cabinet secretary, did not say whether such action would involve intervening in the market itself or further bailing out the banking system, one of those two options appears to be under consideration.
- Latvian police detain central bank governor on corruption charges
- Ireland withdraws Lane’s nomination for ECB vice president
- Saudi Arabia’s Alkholifey on economic restructuring, reserves and cyber security
- Central banks mull securities lending as response to low yields
- ECB orders Latvia to shutter bank over laundering allegations