Shiokawa said the government should try to bring foreign exchange rates to levels on a par with purchasing power parity (PPP), a method to compare living costs of countries by looking at prices of similar items.
"Foreign exchange rates are determined by markets, but the government should enact policies that bring foreign exchange rate
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations