"The board studied the main themes of a licensing and supervisory system in the UAE which would be implemented in the near future," the bank said in a statement issued after a meeting of the board of directors yesterday.
The decision follows a review of a memorandum on the recent international conference on 'hawala' hosted by the UAE on May 15 and 16, it said.
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations