Merkel told the Financial Times that what she termed as the "Anglo-Saxon" model of financial markets undermined the euro area's influence.
She said a pan-European ratings agency was particularly vital in order to counter Moody's and Standard & Poor's dominance. The idea of capital adequacy ratios for banks, linking the ratio of capital require
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Norwegian government recommends Norges Bank retain control of SWF
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says