At a Brussels meeting on Wednesday, Wolfowitz won support from leading European figures by stressing his commitment to multilateralism.
The deputy US defence secretary said he would make the fight against poverty his top goal as head of the Washington-based global lending institution.
"Helping people lift themselves out o
- Podcast: San Fran Fed’s Daly on gender inequality in central banks
- Turkish central bank carries out emergency rate hike as currency falls
- Dudley calls for ‘aggressive action’ on benchmark reforms
- Swift starts work on pan-European real-time payment connectivity pilot
- Strike halts Australian banknote production