"We will steer monetary policy based on our belief that Japan can continue to post stable growth by keeping the current accommodative conditions," Fukui told lawmakers in the Diet on Friday.
At 0.5%, Japan's benchmark rate is currently the lowest in the developed world. The central bank wanted to hike rates in the second half of last year but any move was stymied b
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde