Her candidacy was supported by 119 and opposed by 1 with five abstentions. Milanova first got the position in 1997, for a 4-year mandate.
During the parliamentary debate, Rousse Statkov of the socialist party voiced fears that the central bank management might be "running political errands".
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations