Uthum Herat, a senior official at the bank's research department, told a seminar that "the bank is committed towards easing these regulations gradually."
However, he didn't specify a timeframe.
Following a series of defacto devaluations of the local currency since June last year, the central bank floated the rupee 23
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde