The BOJ said it will continue to conduct money market operations aimed to keep the outstanding balance of current accounts at the BOJ at Y5 trillion.
The BOJ dropped targeting call rates at its last meeting in Mar 2001 and shifted its operating target for money market operations to the balance of current accounts at the central bank.
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says