"The credibility of an independent monetary policy would suffer if a finance minister were to move directly to the helm of the ECB," said Christa Randzio-Plath, head of the parliament's economic affairs committee, according to an advance summary of an article to be published Friday.
Therefore, Duisenberg's successor should be chosen from the euro-
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde