Charinya Kaewmanee, director of the BOT's accounting group, said the central bank does not maximise profits as a first priority. Rather, it focuses its efforts on stabilising the economy and exchange rate system.
Charinya said the BOT's foreign asset value, appraised in Thai currency at the end o
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors