"We have a risk that an inflationary spiral could develop," Trichet said on French television.
"We have all sorts of (inflation) risks which I mention regularly," he said.
He singled out the possibility of knock-on effects on wages from past rises in oil and petrol prices as one inflation risk.
And he sa
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- Policymakers should act now to prevent next crisis – IMF panellists
- Dudley backs floor-based system for setting monetary policy
- The Bank of Italy’s approach to risk-based budgeting
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations