The profits are up more than $4 billion from last year, when the central bank made $34.2 billion.
The Fed's total income was $41.9 billion, most of which was from interest earned on United States government treasuries ($40.3 billion). Additional funds came from providing services to depository institutions ($878 billion) and earnings of foreign exchange and loans ($765 million).
After discounting for expenses and costs of the
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- EBA demands rapid reform at Maltese AML agency
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- First left-wing Mexican president in a generation unlikely to upend institutions
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market