Any combination of the "material parts" of the ANZ and the National Bank requires Reserve Bank approval.
Announced in October and completed on 1 December, the acquisition creates New Zealand's biggest banking group with assets of about $70 billion.
ANZ is targeting pre-tax annual savings of $A110 million
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- BoE minority staff score lower in first diversity survey
- EBA demands rapid reform at Maltese AML agency
- First left-wing Mexican president in a generation unlikely to upend institutions
- Vietnam says it is “actively prepared” to intervene in forex market