Gerashchenko was commenting on recent Russian media speculations about his possible resignation on 1 January.
The media has repeatedly speculated about Gerashchenko's resignation since he obtained his current post in 1998.
Earlier this year, Gerashchenko said he had no plans to retain his position after his current term expires in September 2002.
According to Russ
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting