According to the Financial Times, the sovereign wealth fund has approached Virgin, along with three US investors, regarding the bid.
Virgin said on Friday that it was looking into the possibility of buying the UK mortgage lender, which now owes the Bank of England an estimated £13 billion ($27 billion). It submitted a bid to Northern Rock's adviser Merrill Lynch on Friday.
JC Flowers, which
- Haldane: ‘superforecasters’ could help central banks
- Trump nominates former Fed economist for board role
- PBoC launches first phase of blockchain trade financing platform
- RBNZ looking to make balance sheet ‘more resilient’ – Perry
- Demetriades on political pressures on central banks and their governors