Economic growth in the US is expected to be sluggish until the middle of 2008 before picking up towards the end of the year - a scenario that would make further cuts unnecessary, given the monetary policy lag.
However, Kohn warned that it was possible that trends such as a reduction in exposures, tighter lending standards and higher compensation for
- RBI’s Acharya: ‘fundamental reform’ to fix transmission
- Slovene governor: draft law would harm bank’s independence
- Central banks should not give impression of ‘complete foresight’
- Fed’s Williams proposes new tools to deal with future crisis
- Norges Bank advises removal of oil and gas stock from government fund