Economic growth in the US is expected to be sluggish until the middle of 2008 before picking up towards the end of the year - a scenario that would make further cuts unnecessary, given the monetary policy lag.
However, Kohn warned that it was possible that trends such as a reduction in exposures, tighter lending standards and higher compensation for
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting