Until the end of the last week, the markets fully expected rates to remain on hold. The outlook changed sharply over the weekend and on Monday following the dramatic deterioration in financial markets.
In the hours preceding the meeting of the Federal Open Markets Committee (FOMC) on Tuesday, interest-rate futures markets were pricing in with near certainty t
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB