The paper, entitled "Treatment of Gold Swaps and Gold Deposits (Loans)" explains at length how governments have been borrowing and lending gold while still reporting full ownership in a scheme to create the perception that there is much more gold supply than really exists, the Free-Market News Network reported.
The paper makes the first official recognition by the IMF that central bank
- EC’s Cyprus ‘failure’ undermined Eurozone central bank independence – Demetriades
- Reserve management practices are splintering
- Female regulators increase stability of the financial system, IMF paper finds
- Booming US economy set against ‘fragile’ markets – BIS review
- Caputo quits as Argentina central bank chief