The Chinese officials told the Financial Times, a newspaper, that the delaying of licences for the Industrial and Commercial Bank of China and China Construction Bank were part of a negotiating strategy in the bilateral Strategic Economic Dialogue that began on Tuesday.
"The US should give a positive sign on the bank licences during the dialogu
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank