Jean-Claude Trichet, the president of the European Central Bank, has again urged China to allow its currency to appreciate.
In an interview with Izvestia, a Russian magazine, published on Monday, Trichet said: "In emerging economies with large and growing current-account surpluses, especially China, it is desirable that their effective exchange rates move so that necessary adjustments occur."
Trichet, Jean-Claude Juncker, the prime minister of Luxembourg, and Joaquin Almunia, the European com
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank