"We do not want to take any initiative in our foreign exchange reserve weightings that would trigger turbulence in the financial markets," he said in remarks posted on the bank's website on Monday 12 September.
"We will not take any incautious action in terms of this aspect."
Zhou's remarks were made in response
- RBI’s Acharya: ‘fundamental reform’ to fix transmission
- Slovene governor: draft law would harm bank’s independence
- Central banks should not give impression of ‘complete foresight’
- Fed’s Williams proposes new tools to deal with future crisis
- Norges Bank advises removal of oil and gas stock from government fund