One of private equity's most high-profile figures has said that the industry is eschewing investment banks, its traditional funding source, in favour of sovereign wealth funds.
Guy Hands, the chief executive at Terra Firma, a private equity fund, has said that the likes of Blackstone, Carlyle Group and Kohlberg, Kravis, Roberts - three of the biggest vehicles -
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- Banks tend to game stress tests, Fed economists say
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- Implementation of new Sofr rate is “ahead of schedule”, says Fed vice-chair
- MAS strengthens use of data to combat financial crimes