Drnovsek's statement comes after Gaspari had virtually secured the appointment in parliament.
"It would be truly unusual to replace a governor who played a key role in the adoption of the euro after we received so much praise for the adoption
- RBI’s Acharya: ‘fundamental reform’ to fix transmission
- Slovene governor: draft law would harm bank’s independence
- Central banks should not give impression of ‘complete foresight’
- Fed’s Williams proposes new tools to deal with future crisis
- Norges Bank advises removal of oil and gas stock from government fund