Effective from Saturday, the benchmark one-year lending interest rate offered by commercial banks will rise to 6.12 percent, the People's Bank of China said on its website.
The government is worried that an investment boom that is driving high growth could stoke inflation and leave banks with dangerously h
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting