Buenaventura told Dow Jones Newswires on 5 August the central bank is studying the possibility of raising the reserve requirement by another two percentage points if appropriate.
The total reserve requirement of banks is 16% of total deposits, of which 7% are liquidity reserves. These are funds that must be invested in government securities. M
- BoE sparks controversy over expenses disclosure
- Further US tightening risks recession – St Louis Fed president
- Cyprus ex-governor says authorities asked for false audit of failed bank
- Riksbank says all banks should be ‘obliged’ to continue cash services
- Iranian central bank looking for alternative to Swift, local media says