The Basel Core Principles have been used by countries as a benchmark for assessing the quality of their supervisory systems and for identifying future work needed to ensure sound supervisory practices. They have also been used by the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and the World
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank