CentralBanking.com (CB): Can you talk us through the forthcoming banking reforms?
Sanusi Lamido Sanusi (SLS): We've already rolled out regulations around margin lending, limiting banks' exposure to capital markets to 10% of their loan book, setting clear guidelines on margin accounts and their administration. In the next couple of weeks, we're going to roll out guidelines along the lines of the Volcker rule basically, returning banks to the letter and spirit of the Banking Act in Nigeria, which
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Podcast: David Vines on how to reform the DSGE model
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs