CentralBanking.com (CB) Do you have any thoughts on the regulatory reform bill that is soon to be turned into law in the US?
Gill Marcus (GM): It's very difficult to look at the dynamics of what's happening in the United States and extrapolate that out. South Africa, like a number of other countries including Canada and Australia, did not have a banking crisis. We've had the consequence of a huge European and American recession. Therefore, the issues that are being looked at not just in the Unit
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- Seychelles must act fast on money-laundering, says central bank