How exposed is Bahrain to the sharp deterioration in the global financial
markets and what is the scope for a domestic policy response?
Well, it's clear that Bahrain has not been completely isolated from what has been happening in the global economy. As a financial centre of long standing - we have been in the business for 40 years - what happens in the rest of the world clearly has an impact on us. At the same time, however, most of our banks are focused on the Gulf and the wider Middle East and
- Central bank digital currency a ‘terrible idea’, US Congress told
- People: Olli Rehn enters office as Bank of Finland governor
- Trump criticises Fed over rate rises and threatens higher tariffs
- ECB’s easing policies reduced inequality, paper says
- Infrastructure financing not harmed by post-crisis reforms – FSB