In February 2008, Jim Moran (Democrat) and Tom Davis (Republican), two members of the Unites States House of Representatives, announced the establishment of a Congressional Task Force on Sovereign Wealth Funds.
"With $2.2 trillion in currency reserves, sovereign wealth funds are poised to become the defining player in international finance," said Moran at the time of the announcement. "In the next decade, they are projected to grow to over $13.4 trillion, more than the value of the New York Stoc
- World’s largest SWF bars investment in four companies for guideline breaches
- Is the pursuit of a common accounting standard for gold a fool’s errand?
- ECB needed better data in 2008 crisis, says Lautenschläger
- Brazilian government must respect central bank independence – IMF
- Bank of Jamaica’s Wynter on the path to inflation targeting