An extraordinary window of opportunity has opened to reform the American financial system. Calls for increased supervision of the banking system were a persistent theme in the recent elections, with some calling for "massive regulation," to use Sarah Palin's memorable phrase. What this will mean when Barack Obama, the president-elect, is inaugurated and the new session of Congress begins in early 2009, is far from clear.
The best case scenario would be for Congress to continue supporting the ini
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Do not discount central bank digital currency yet – Lagarde