Barack Obama, the Democratic president-elect of the United States of America, has named an all-star cast of distinguished academics and policymakers on his economic team, as he prepares to move into the Oval Office on 20 January. In forming his economic brains trust, Obama, who swept to power in an historic election in November, has opted for a mix of experienced technocrats and celebrated intellectuals - many of whom have served in previous administrations (see "Obama's team on page 11).
- A route to economic growth – The Belt and Road Initiative 2018 survey
- After the Congress – Interpreting China’s new development concept
- Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank – Raising expectations
- ECB will ‘accelerate efforts’ to tackle staff concerns after second survey
- Central banks: the economy’s emergency responders