UK payment systems operators have made a ‘good start' facilitating more open and flexible access, according to the industry's regulator, though more needs to be done.
In its first annual report, released on December 15, the Payment Systems Regulator (PSR) analyses compliance reports received from seven operators, highlighting their compliance with measures introduced earlier in 2015 to improve direct access and governance.
"So far, the most fundamental change I have observed this last year is
- Central banks face loss of independence – Central Banking survey
- Summers and Stansbury warn of ‘black hole’ as central bankers debate solutions
- Germany issues first ever zero coupon 30-year bond
- Overcoming deflation: Japan’s experience and challenges ahead
- Mark Carney on joined-up policy-making, forward guidance and Brexit